The last time we went to Maui in 2014 I was pregnant with Amalin so it was great coming back this time together as a family. We ate, we swam and played tourist for the week. Amalin and Brody loooved the turtles so much they asked daily to visit the “turtle beach”. The Aquarium there was amazing as were the resorts and restaurants. Until next time Maui!
We stayed at the St. Regis Kapalua. Maui is somewhat “dry” for a Hawaiian island, so we like to stay at Kapalua which is considered the more lush and greener side of the island.
Maui has a lot of great food options to check out and be sure to make reservations ahead of time as some book up weeks in advance.
Maui’s Highest Reviewed Restaurants:
- Mama’s FishHouse – Amongst the top rated restaurants in the world. Due to the fresh food and delicious recipes. But also the ambiance and decor. Arrive early and take photos on the semi-private beach cove! Sometimes turtles are found resting on the sand.
- Lahaina Grill – Delicious food and great service. This is in the heart of Lahaina, a charming beach town with fun shops and great sunset views.
Less than a mile down the road from Mama’s Fish House, there is this beach I call “Turtle Beach”. It is resting area for sea turtles. We had no idea about this place until we saw the crowds, so we had to take a look to see what it was all about. Over 40+ turtles on the beach! Some of them over 200 pounds! And I’ve heard that sometimes there are 100 of them! Even being born & raised in Hawaii, I have never seen anything like this. It was one of those memorable moments that we will always talk about. Seeing those 200+lb turtles moving so slowly and helplessly on the beach made me realize why they are a protected species.
Maui with Children:
- Staying at any resort in Hawaii is fun for kids with the beach access and swimming pools.
- Maui Aquarium was pricey yet worth it. It is one of the better aquariums on the Pacific. Much better than the Waikiki aquarium. It had lots of sharks, turtles, and a huge coral reef aquarium.
- The Keiki Playhouse is an indoor play area. Small but clean and fun for a couple of hours for the kiddos.
We will be posting videos later on our Youtube channel, so stay tuned.
Have you been to Maui kids? Let us know what you did and any recommendations or comments.
🛎 Subscribe to my channel to join our family & hit the notification bell so you never miss an upload – http://bit.ly/YouTube-Qualitydaydreams for new videos!
❤️ LET’S BE FRIENDS
INSTAGRAM – http://instagram.com/qualitydaydreams
FACEBOOK – http://facebook.com/qualitydaydreams
TWITTER – http://twitter.com/qualitydaydreams